David Sobarzo, DDS
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. David Sobarzo is a Board-Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon. He is a New York native, born and raised in Suffolk County Long Island. He received his bachelor’s degree in Biology from Stony Brook University. Following graduation he attended NYU College of Dentistry where he earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. Dr. Sobarzo went on to complete a one-year general practice residency as well as his specialty training in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Kings County Hospital, a Level I trauma center in Brooklyn, NY.
Dr. Sobarzo is highly trained and proficient in complex dentoalveolar surgery, wisdom teeth removal, surgical placement of dental implants, IV sedation and bone grafting procedures. He is committed to providing his patients with the highest level of surgical care and compassion. Dr. Sobarzo is also a faculty member in the Department of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Stony Brook University where he teaches the students in the pre-doctoral education program.
Dr. Sobarzo lives in Suffolk County with his wife and two children. In his spare time he enjoys traveling, outdoor activities, watching sports and spending time with family and friends.
- Diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Professional Society Memberships
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (AAOMS)
- New York State Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons (NYSSOMS)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Suffolk County Dental Society
- New York State Dental Society
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Huntington Hospital
- Stony Brook Hospital